welcome

Welcome to GloWoman®

Connect and Share Resources and Inspiration.

Be EmPowered and Inspired to Get Your Glow On™.

GlowQuote


GlowQuote:

"When We Get our Glow ON, we CAN Light UP our world!" ~ Bets


Don't be your 'own opposition' - Be your own Best Friend

Does the voice in your head encourage you or oppose you?

Often the things we say to ourselves – either in our head, or out loud :) - are so harsh that we’d find it unacceptable if anyone else spoke to us that way.

I used to catch myself often saying/shouting at myself, “Don’t be such a bloody idiot!”.
This would happen regularly on the tennis court when I’d fluff a shot.

Until I read somewhere that the worst thing you can do on the tennis court is to be ‘your own opposition’.

And that’s true whatever the situation.

If you find yourself saying things like “I’ll never get it right”, “I’m so useless”, “I can’t lose weight/get out of debt/start my own business”, then it’s time to start being your own Best Friend.

Your Best Friend would never tell you that you were too fat, too stupid or not good enough.
She’d encourage and support you to Get Your Glow On :)
“My relationship with myself is eternal, so I choose to be my own best friend. I choose to love and accept myself and talk to myself as I would to a beloved person in my life.” ~ Louise Hay
Be patient, kind and loving with yourself.

Acknowledge how much you’ve learnt, how far you’ve come and all the things you’ve done.

Celebrate every small achievement as a victory.

(I recently learnt to boil an egg at the age of 45 and was so excited about it, I put it up as my Facebook status! :) This might sound ridiculous, but it’s true!)

You’ll make more progress when you encourage yourself, than if you put yourself down.

Change your self-talk to empower and uplift you and Get Your Glow On :)

with love,

No comments:

Post a Comment